Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, honey-orange glazed swordfish. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have honey-orange glazed swordfish using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Honey-Orange Glazed Swordfish:
- Get swordfish fillet
- Prepare salt
- Prepare brown sugar
- Take onion powder
- Get garlic powder
- Prepare pepper
- Make ready cinnamon
- Make ready whole bay leaves
- Get ice cold water
- Get fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- Get honey
- Make ready zested blood orange
- Make ready fresh chopped basil
- Get fresh copped parsley
- Take sliced lemon
- Prepare cooked rice
Instructions to make Honey-Orange Glazed Swordfish:
- Making the Brine: Mix salt, brown sugar, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon and bay leaves. Warm on stove and simmer about 6 minute so all ingredients are blended thoroughly. Remove and add cold water and refrigerate. This give a nice gentle flavor and removes the fishy smell prior to cooking.
- The night before you plan on cooking, place fillet in ziplock back with bring and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Making the Glaze: Mix honey blood orange juice, blood orange zest, basil and parsley. Stir very well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove fillet from brine. Place on oven sheet with a quick spray of nonstick spray. Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes until outside of fillet starts to bubble slightly and is bright white.
- Remove from oven and drizzle glaze over fillet.
- You can either place fillet over bed of rice and garnish with sliced lemons, or arrange separately as pictured.
- I made recipe to cook for 1 since I am si gle but there is enough brine and glaze in recipe to prepare 2-3 swordfish fillets.
- Boil 1 1/4 cup of water, add 1 cup of rice. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes with minimal stirring until water is absorbed.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food honey-orange glazed swordfish recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!