Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, caper-walnut quinoa with sautéed swiss chard, chickpeas and scallions. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have caper-walnut quinoa with sautéed swiss chard, chickpeas and scallions using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions:
- Make ready Caper-Walnut Quinoa
- Take 1 1/4 cup water
- Prepare 1 cup quinoa
- Make ready 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Take 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Prepare 2 tbsp capers
- Prepare 2 tsp caper liquid
- Make ready 1 Kosher salt, to taste
- Get 1 Black pepper, to taste
- Prepare Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions
- Make ready 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Prepare 4 scallions, roots removed, whites and greens separated, chopped
- Make ready 6 leaves of swiss chard, leaves and stalks separated, both cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked
Steps to make Caper-Walnut Quinoa with Sautéed Swiss Chard, Chickpeas and Scallions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Heat a small-medium saucepot over low heat. Add quinoa and toast for 4-5 minutes while stirring. Add 1 1/4 cups of water to pot. Bring water to a boil, cover, and lower heat to medium-low. Simmer until quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid. Leave covered, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Scatter walnuts on a large cookie sheet or baking pan. Toast in oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven, and reserve.
- Once the quinoa has cooled for 6-8 minutes, stir in the butter, capers, walnuts, salt and pepper.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the olive oil, then add the white part of the scallions. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chard greens and stems and chickpeas, and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the quinoa on two plates. Top with the chard-chickpea mixture. Drizzle the remaining olive oil, caper liquid and scallion greens around the plate and on the quinoa, chard, and chickpeas. Enjoy!
You should include several superfoods in your diet each day. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. Observing a green living diet plan will provide you with exactly what you need to become healthy and fit. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits today.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food caper-walnut quinoa with sautéed swiss chard, chickpeas and scallions recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!