Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, holiday flavors in a pot pie for 2 or 4 people. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook holiday flavors in a pot pie for 2 or 4 people using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People:
- Take filling
- Make ready 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Make ready 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Get 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- Get 1 cup pearl onions
- Take 1 lb lean ground turkey
- Make ready 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- Get 1/2 cup white wine
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp dried sage leaves
- Make ready 6 grinds fresh ground pepper
- Make ready 5 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp chicken broth
- Prepare 1/2 cup half and half
- Get topping
- Make ready 2 sheets of puffed pastry
- Take 1 tbsp heavy cream
Steps to make Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People:
- Gather your chopped carrots, celery and pearl onions.
- In a stock pot, add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add in carrots, celery and onions and saute for 4 minutes.
- Remove after 4 minutes and set aside. Add in ground turkey, season with a small amount of the salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink. Several minutes.
- Add to pot the sweet potatoes and wine. Cook for five minutes.
- Return celery, carrots and onions. Pour in chicken stock and add rest of seasonings.
- Cook until potatoes are just tender. Remove the 2 1/2 tablespoons of broth and mix well with cornstarch.
- Add in half and half and cook for 2 more minutes. Shut off heat and cover pot to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out each sheet of pastry to cover 2, 10 oz. ramekins or 4, 6 oz ramekins. Leave about a 1/4 " extra overlay to crimp on ramekin.
- Fill your ramekins. Brush rim with a touch of cream and lay pastry on top. Crimp edges decoratively now.
- Brush each with cream, place on baking tray and cook for 15-20 until golden.
- Recipe by taylor68too.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food holiday flavors in a pot pie for 2 or 4 people recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!