Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, hot peanut & chilli noodles. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hot peanut & chilli noodles using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hot Peanut & Chilli Noodles:
- Take 1 nest of dried egg noodles,
- Get 100 g beef,pork or turkey mince,
- Make ready 100 g bean sprouts,
- Take 1 spring onion, finely sliced,
- Prepare 25 g carrot chopped into tiny cubes,
- Prepare 1 tbsp smooth OR crunchy organic peanut butter,
- Make ready 1 medium red chilli, sliced thin, seeds left in
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced,
- Prepare 1 tsp sesame seeds,
- Take 1 tbsp low salt light soy sauce,
- Prepare 1 tsp sesame oil,
- Prepare 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- Get Frylight or cooking oil, for frying
- Take Optional - 1tsp hot chilli oil, (see note at end of recipe)
Steps to make Hot Peanut & Chilli Noodles:
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat and add the egg noodles. Warm another saucepan up over a medium heat and add a few sprays of Frylight or around 1/2 tbsp cooking oil and allow to warm. Once warm add the minced meat. Gently fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sliced garlic and chilli flakes to the meat and fry until fragrant for another minute. Check on the egg noodles, add the beansprouts in with them to blanche for a couple of minutes. Turn the heat on the meat down a little lower so it doesn't catch or burn.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them off in a collender and shake off any excess water. Set aside in a bowl with a little dark soy mixed through.
- Add most of the fresh sliced chilli and 2/3rds of the spring onion to the meat mixture, reserving the rest as garnish for later. Add the cubed carrots too. Stir until everything is combined and then add the light soy sauce then the peanut butter. Allow to melt whilst stirring occasionally. Once almost completely melted add in a dash of water and stir to create a sauce. Keep adding dashes of water as the gravy thickens to keep it silky and smooth.
- Plate up the noodles/beansprouts into a bowl.
- Take the meat gravy mixture off the heat and give a final stir. The sauce should be a smooth and thick consistency.
- Add the meat sauce mixture on top of the noodles and drizzle over a little home made chilli oil if you have it and a drizzle of sesame oil. Garnish with the remaining chillies, spring onion and some sesame seeds.
- To eat, gently mix the meat mixture together with the egg noodles to coat them in the sauce for maximum flavour. Enjoy! :)
- Note: I make my own home made chilli oil by adding chilli flakes plus lots of dried red Birdseye chillies to olive oil and leaving it to infuse over a couple of months until it's really hot. You can also buy chilli infused oils in most supermarkets now. :)
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food hot peanut & chilli noodles recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!