Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, vegetarian enchiladas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook vegetarian enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Enchiladas:
- Take 1 1/4 lb carrots coarsely chopped
- Get 1 small yellow onion chopped
- Prepare 5 garlic cloves peeled
- Take 1/2 lb tomatoes chopped
- Make ready 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- Get 1 kosher salt
- Get 9 oz crumbled queso fresco (2 cups)
- Make ready 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Make ready 12 corn tortillas
- Make ready 1 Mexican crema or sour cream for drizzling
- Make ready 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
Steps to make Vegetarian Enchiladas:
- MAKE THE CARROT SOFRITO Preheat the oven to 225°. In a food processor, pulse the carrots, onion and garlic until very finely chopped. Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl. Add the tomatoes to the food processor and pulse until nearly smooth.
- In a medium, deep ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the carrot mixture and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened slightly and nearly dry, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the tomato puree and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours until the carrot sofrito is very soft. Season with salt, cover and keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- ASSEMBLE THE ENCHILADAS In a medium bowl, toss the crumbled queso fresco with the cilantro and red onion.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 inch of canola oil over moderately low heat. Add 1 tortilla to the skillet and cook until just pliable, about 20 seconds. Using tongs, transfer the tortilla to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Working quickly, roll a scant 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture in each tortilla and arrange them on a large platter, seam side down. Spoon the hot sofrito over the enchiladas and scatter the remaining cheese mixture on top; drizzle some of the crema over them and serve.
You must include a few superfoods in your diet everyday. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other essentials. Be sure to eat proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. Following a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need for good health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food vegetarian enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!