Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pho bo. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. If this wasn't Bets Pho Bo in Hanoi. Free online photo storage and send free ecards to your friends and family, buy personalised gifts such as.
Pho bo is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Pho bo is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pho bo using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pho bo:
- Make ready for the broth
- Get 2 medium yellow onions (about 450g)
- Prepare 10 cm piece ginger (about 110g)
- Get 2.5 kg beef bones (marrow and knuckle bones)
- Prepare 5 whole star anise
- Get 6 whole cloves
- Make ready 7.5 cm cinnamon stick
- Prepare 450 g beef chuck, rump, brisket or cross rib roast (cut into chunks)
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- Prepare 4 tbsp fish sauce
- Make ready 30 g yellow rock sugar
- Get bowls for the
- Get 680-900 g dried or fresh banh pho noodles
- Prepare 450 g raw eye of round, sirloin, London broil or tri-tip steak (thinly sliced across the grain)
- Make ready 1 medium yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- Get 3-4 scallions (cut into thin rings)
- Prepare 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Take Ground black pepper
- Take optional garnishes
- Prepare Sprigs hung lui (spearmint) and hung que (Thai basil)
- Get Leaves ngo ga (thorny cilantro)
- Take Bean sprouts (about 450g)
- Get Red hot chilis (Thai bird or dragon), thinly sliced
- Take Lime wedges
Instructions to make Pho bo:
- Prepare the pho broth: Place onions and ginger on cooking grate (on an open flame a gas stove) and let skin burn. Remove when fragrant. Under warm water, remove charred onion skin and discard blackened bits on the ginger with a knife.
- Place bones in a stockpot, add water and bring to boil for a few mins. Dump bones and water into sink and rinse bones with warm water to remove impurities. Clean stockpot and return bones.
- Add 6 litres of water to pot, bring to boil over high heat, then lower flame to gently simmer. Use ladle to skim any scum that rises to surface. Add remaining broth ingredients and cook meat, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Remove cooked meat and place in bowl of cold water for 10 mins. After draining and cooling the meat, refrigerate it. Allow broth to continue simmering for around 3 hrs.
- Strain the pho broth and use ladle to skim as much fat from top of the pho broth. Adjust flavour with additional salt, fish sauce and yellow rock sugar.
- Prepare the noodles and garnishing: Fill large saucepan with water and bring to boil. Blanch noodles for about 10-20 seconds and arrange into bowls.
- Then, blanch bean sprouts for 30 seconds. Drain and add to the garnish plate.
- Place slices of cooked meat atop noodles. Garnish with onion, scallion and chopped cilantro.
- Ladle in broth and serve.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
Order digital photo prints online at PhotoBox, upload your photos & order digital prints today. Free online photo storage and send free ecards to your friends and family, buy personalised gifts such as. Pho Bo was absolutely delicious, the broth like no other, beef was moth melting. If this wasn't Bets Pho Bo in Hanoi. We came here twice and love it. Pho is eating all over Vietnam but people in Hue love their bun bo Hue. Beef pho, or pho bo, is the most popular pho in the West. You can find it in every Vietnamese This will make the ultimate pho bo. It will be so delicious that you will be thinking of making more the next. Find pho bo stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. See more ideas about Asian recipes, Soup recipes, Asian soup.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pho bo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!