Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, spiced chickpea fritters (vegan). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spiced chickpea fritters (vegan) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan):
- Get 225 g can of chickpeas
- Get 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Get 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Get 1 tablespoon oil
- Take 1 onion, chopped
- Get 1 green pepper, chopped
- Take 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Take 2 small red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Take 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Prepare 10 g fresh/frozen coriander
- Prepare 1/2 lemon zest
- Get 1 dessertspoon of lemon juice
- Make ready Egg replacement for 1 egg (or a different binding agent)
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Get 3 tablespoons flour
- Get 2 tablespoons oil
Steps to make Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan):
- Fry the coriander seeds and cumin seeds on medium heat for 1-2 mins. Then crush them with a pestle and mortar.
- Fry the onion, green pepper, garlic and chillies in the oil for 5 mins until softened and beginning to brown. Then stir in the toasted ground spices and turmeric. Cook for a further 30 secs.
- Drain the chickpeas, then blend them in a food processor with the coriander sprigs until evenly chopped, but not puréed. Transfer to a bowl then stir in the pan mix, lemon zest and juice, and egg replacement. Season mixture with salt and pepper
- Once cool enough, form 8-12 patties with your hands. Coat each patty with flour, place it on a tray, then reshape the patties with a spatula. Fry each patty in the oil on high heat, 1 minute on each side, until a golden brown colour.
- Serve up and enjoy!
These types of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food spiced chickpea fritters (vegan) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!