Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, baked ziti. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have baked ziti using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Ziti:
- Prepare 1 lb Hot or sweet Italian turkey sausage
- Get 1 onion, chopped
- Make ready 3 clove sliced garlic
- Get 28 oz plain diced tomatoes
- Take 15 oz tomato sauce
- Make ready 2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 1/4 tsp salt
- Take 1/4 tsp pepper
- Make ready 14 1/2 oz basil and oregano diced tomatoes
- Prepare 1 tsp dried basil leaves or half cup fresh basil chopped
- Get 16 oz Ziti
- Prepare 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Get 1 packages sliced provolone
- Prepare 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
Steps to make Baked Ziti:
- Preheat the oven to 375. Crumble the sausage into a 3 quart saucepan. Cook for 8 minutes or until no pink remains. Drain the fat.
- In another pot, add the onion and saute for about 4 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the plain tomatoes with their juice. Stir in the sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the sausage, seasoned tomatoes, and the basil.
- Boil the Ziti, drain, then return to the pot. Coat the Ziti in just enough sauce to coat it. Layer half of the Ziti in a 13 by 9 pan. Top with the provolone overlapping the slices as needed. Add the rest of the Ziti, then the mozzarella cheese. Pour the last of the sauce over the top and sprinkle with parmesan and romano cheese. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until bubbly around the edges and lightly brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
- Optional: save some of the mozzarella as a topping and add extra seasonings on top before placing it in the oven.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food baked ziti recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!