Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, southern country boil. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have southern country boil using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Country Boil:
- Take Main Ingredients
- Prepare 6 each corn on cob - halved
- Take 8 medium red potatoes - quarted or halved
- Make ready 4 quart water or enough to cover
- Take 1 packages par or fully cooked crab legs (look in your freezer section) If you can find fresh use instead.
- Get 1 lb raw jumbo shrimp- deviened (peel/tail-on optional)
- Prepare 6 each smoked sausage links like polish kilbasa
- Prepare seasoning
- Prepare 1 packages Old Bay crab/seafood boil
- Make ready 2 tbsp salt
- Get Serving and garnish options
- Prepare 3 each lemons - wedged or sliced
- Prepare 1 bunch parsley or scallions
- Take 1 cup melted butter
Instructions to make Southern Country Boil:
- Start with 2 quarts of water in a very large stock pot. place on high heat to boil.
- Halve or quarter red potatoes to roughly same size and add to pot. Cook until tender but slightly under done
- Add sausage links, corn cobs, Old Bay season bag, and salt to pot. Add more water to cover if needed. Bring back to boil.
- Add crab legs and time cooking according to package (5-7min) . Add more water to cover if needed, making sure water is still very hot. 5 mins after adding crab, add shrimp. shrimp should cook only 2-3 mins. cover your pot and remove from heat. let steep for additional 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook your seafood ingredients! This can happen quickly and you will end up with tough seafood. good rule of thumb for shrimp is the shape in which it curls up. C is for cooked, O is for overcooked.
- remove all ingredients from pot and place on a large platter. serve with melted butter and lemon wedges. garnish with chopped parsley or scallions if desired.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food southern country boil recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!