Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, shepherd's pie. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd's pie using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Take 1 tbsp reduced calorie margarine
- Take 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Get 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Make ready 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- Take 2 cup cubed, cooked chicken breast
- Make ready 2 carrots, sliced and blanched
- Prepare 1 cup chopped, cleaned spinach leaves
- Prepare 6 chopped scallions
- Take 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- Make ready 1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- Prepare 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground marjoram
- Make ready 3 medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed
- Prepare 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Take 1/4 tsp paprika
- Prepare 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Make ready 1/4 cup water
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie:
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely; sprinkle with the cheese and paprika. Bake until bubbling and the potatoes are golden, 30-35 minutes.
You should include a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Then, try adding some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are some other foods to include. See to it that you eat proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living equips you with a solid eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!