Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, jimbo's gumbo. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
See restaurant menus, reviews, hours, photos, maps and directions. Post jobs, find pros, and collaborate commission-free in our professional marketplace.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have jimbo's gumbo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jimbo's Gumbo:
- Make ready 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Get 4 links andouille sausage
- Take About 25 shrimp (pre cooked, frozen, no tail)
- Get 2 qt carton beef stock
- Make ready Olive oil
- Take Worcestershire sauce
- Make ready Water
- Take 1 can diced tomatoes
- Prepare 1/2 large white onion, diced
- Make ready 1 green pepper, diced
- Get 3 garlic cloves
- Make ready 3-5 stalks celery
- Make ready Cajun seasoning
- Get File powder (ground sassafras)
- Prepare Paprika
- Make ready Salt/pepper
- Make ready Fresh parsley
- Get Fresh basil
- Prepare Garlic and herb instant potato flakes
- Prepare White rice
Steps to make Jimbo's Gumbo:
- In crock pot, add half can of beer, 1 cup water, about 1 cup of beef stock and a few sprinkles of dried basil leaves. Set to high. - Preheat a large sauté pan with a bit of oil and Worcestershire sauce. Enough to cover the bottom of the pan. - Cover chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning, both sides, and put in pan. Cut sausage links lengthwise and add to pan. - Cook chicken for about 5 minutes each side, just to get a sear. Sausage will cook faster so only a couple minutes each side. - Remove to a plate and let sit for a couple minutes. - Put pan to the side, we're not done with it yet. - - Chop chicken into cubes or chunks (don't worry, it's supposed to be undercooked at this point) - Cut sausage into about 3/4 inch pieces - Add to crock pot with a few more shakes of Cajun seasoning. Be sure the liquid just comes to the top of meat pieces. If there's not enough add more water. Let cook for approx. 2 hours.
- After you get the meat in the crock pot put your frozen shrimp in a large bowl. Make a marinade for the shrimp out of whatever you have laying around. I dug through the fridge and used a bit of steak marinade, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, Italian dressing Frank's red hot sauce and olive oil. Add to the frozen shrimp and cover all shrimp in marinade. Sprinkle with paprika. That's gonna sit at room temp almost till the end.
- After the meat is in the crock for the 2 hours dice your veggies. Preheat the pan we used for the meat, with the leftover oil, add a bit more oil, a pat of butter and Worcestershire sauce. - Sauté the diced veggies ,except for the celery, until onions are slightly translucent. A couple minutes at most. There still going to cook in the crock so we don't want to cook em to death and get mushy. This is just to bring out some flavors.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sautéed veggies to crock, draining as much oil as possible. Set pan to the side again. - Add the chopped celery and can of tomatoes, drained, to crock. - Chop the fresh basil/parsley and add to crock. - Add about 2 tsp of file powder. - Add the rest of the beef stock. - Set crock to low.
- Now we make the roux. That's just a fancy term for a thickening agent. - - Now this is where I made one of my mistakes before going to N.O. I always made a LOT of roux. I went more for a stew consistency. While at Mardi Gras I don't think I ate one batch of gumbo that was thick like beef stew. They were all closer to a soup consistency. So now the roux for me is more of a flavor enhancer than a thickener. - - So in that pan that we have all the delicious leftover juices from our meat and veggies, we will make the roux. - Set to medium low heat. The worst thing you can do is burn it. Add another pat of butter and water till you have about 1 1/2- 2 cups worth of liquid. - Add salt and pepper and another 2 tsp file powder.
- Add the potato flakes slowly, stirring constantly. (This is another method I use that I like. Most recipes call for flour, not instant potato flakes. It's just a little easier to work with and tastes better in my opinion) - - The roux will be thin and liquidy at first. Add the flakes till it's about the consistency of runny grits. Continue to stir constantly. It will thicken and turn darker the more you cook it. About 7-10 minutes of stirring and it should be nice and thick and the color of peanut butter. It also should've reduced to about 3/4 cup of liquid give or take. - Add that straight to the crock. Stir everything together well.
- Let all that sit in the crock on low for about 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. - About 30 minutes before its done, add the shrimp that have been marinating, to the crock. Stir well. - - Serve in deep bowls with a spoonful of white rice right in the middle. Yum!
You need to include a few superfoods in your diet each day. First off, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Also, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight problems. You will enjoy great health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.
View the menu for Jimbos Jumbo and restaurants in Pekin, IL. See restaurant menus, reviews, hours, photos, maps and directions. Make social videos in an instant: use custom templates to tell the right story for your business. Post jobs, find pros, and collaborate commission-free in our professional marketplace. Jimbo's Jumbos, Inc. operates as a buyer, miller, sheller, and processor of peanuts and other nuts. The Company provides consumer packaged processed and raw in-the-shell. About. a super ocol drive code for our new robot. Includes the menu, user reviews, photos, and highest-rated dishes. Learn about the interview process, employee benefits, company culture and more on Indeed. jimbos jumbos nutrition facts and nutritional information. Jimbo's Jumbos Inc is an unclaimed page. Claim it for free to Jimbo's Jumbo is located in Pekin city of Illinois state. To communicate or ask something with the place, the Phone. Jimbos is tradition in Pekin, but it was down for the count a few years back. I bet when Jimbo does the limbo, it's hot. Jimbo is a diminutive form of the given name James. It is also a Japanese surname, and it means state in Swahili. All info on Jimbos Jumbo in Pekin - Call to book a table. View the menu, check prices, find on the map, see photos and ratings. 神保彰 Jimbo on WN Network delivers the latest Videos and Editable pages for News & Events, including Entertainment, Music, Sports, Science and more, Sign up and share your playlists.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food jimbo's gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!