Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Easy to prepare tasts mouth watering. Kerala Kappa Biriyani is a wholesome meal, a delightful duet of Kappa and Beef, a flavourful mixture of Tapioca and spicy Beef that is an all -time favourite of non-vegetarians in Kerala.
Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani:
- Make ready 1/2 kg Tapioca
- Prepare 1/2 kg Chicken with bones
- Prepare 2 tbsp Ginger- garlic -greenchilly paste
- Get 3 Onions
- Get 2 Tomato med
- Take 3 tbsp Chilli powder
- Take 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- Make ready Turmeric powder
- Make ready 1.5 tsp Garam masala powder
- Make ready Salt
- Get 2 inches Cinnamon
- Prepare 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- Get Cloves
- Get 1 Bay leaf small optional
- Take 1 Lemon
- Get leaves Curry
- Get Coriander leaves optional
- Make ready Coconut oil
Instructions to make Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani:
- Peel and clean the tapioca and cut into big chunks….
- Marinate chicken in 1.5tbsp chilli powder+a pinch of turmeric powder+salt+1/2tsp garam masala powder+1tbsp lemon juice for atleast an hour or more…. Later add 1/4 of the onions and pressure cook adding 1/2cup water for 2 whistles….
- Cook tapiocas in lots of water when dey cum to a boil discard that water and fill water and cook by adding 1/4tsp turmeric powder and salt till done…. Later drain the water completely
- Heat a kadai pour 2-3 oil and tip in whole spices when they are aromatic add onions+curry leaves and fry till they are browned here and there then add tomatoes and cook till mushy..once they are mushy add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and saute till their raw smell disappears…. Now add in all the dry masalas and saute for a minute… if needed add lil water and saute…..
- Then tip in the cooked chicken along with it's gravy and give it a good mix…add some coriander leaves chopped and now close the lid and cook on low flame for 3-4 mins…open and add cooked tapiocas and a sprig of curry leaves and mix nicely and close the lid for 2 more mins so that all flavors of gravy seep into the tapiocas..now squeeze 1/2lemon give it good mix n later mash the tapiocas nicely and swicth off the flame.
- If u want u can garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves….. serve hot…..
Your daily diet have to have at least a few of these super foods. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Be sure to consume proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy optimal health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can be free of disease. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits today.
Kappa Biriyani or Irachi Kappa/ Ellum Kappayum is a must try Kerala delicacy that is a feast to behold, with a delightful blend of flavours. Kerala Kappa Biriyani is a wholesome meal, a delightful duet of Kappa and Beef, a flavourful mixture of Tapioca and spicy Beef that is an all -time favourite of non-vegetarians in Kerala. It is a non vegetarian preparation generally prepared with beef and tapioca. Easy to prepare tasts mouth watering. It can be eaten as a heavy snack. A dish which is more common in central Kerala. Spicy beef masala is cooked with tapioca and flavoured with roasted coconut. If you are looking for some authentic Kerala dishes to experience the true flavours of Kerala, this is a good recipe. Quite easy and delicious authentic Kerala dish! Tapioca cooked, mashed and combined with beef, meat masala and fried coconut. Kappa Biryani (tapioca Biryani) I guess the love for tapioca is an acquired taste because it is quite heavy to digest as a tuber and is quite heavy a meal too. My mom tells me that tapioca was the common man's meal before he engaged in heavy labour. Back home in Kerala, we used to cook Kappa-Yuca /Cassava in different ways. One of the very famous delicious preparation is Kappa /Tapioca Biriyani. It basically varies from region to region. One must just wait for the first bite to enjoy the spicy mix, with a high number of natural ingredients highlighting the entire experience. Its a unique recipe, as its a spicy combination of meat and kappa / tapioca. For people who is new to this recipe, you may get confused of the name, as its named as biriyani but it doesn't comprises any rice in it. Its known as different names in different parts of kerala. Kappa Biriyani/Tapioca Biriyani recipe can be prepared with various combinations.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!