Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, apricot dumplings. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Apricot Dumplings is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Apricot Dumplings is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
In Austria, we eat apricot dumplings as a main dish for lunch or as a dessert. Apricot Dumplings (Marillenknödel) are a famous dessert, probably created in Vienna, Austria, then My aunt had a small apricot tree in her garden.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apricot dumplings using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Apricot Dumplings:
- Prepare Dough
- Take 500 g quark (soft cooking cheese)
- Make ready 500 g flour (coarse grained)
- Take 2 eggs
- Get 2 tbsp sugar
- Prepare Dash salt
- Make ready Filling
- Take 20 apricots
- Take Garnish
- Prepare 450 hard cooking cheese (Tvarog/Tvaroh, see pictures)
- Prepare 600 ml whipping cream
- Take 7 tsp Cocoa powder
- Get 7 tsp Icing sugar
- Get 175 g butter (unsalted)
- Prepare To prevent dumplings from sticking
- Take 100 g flour
Instructions to make Apricot Dumplings:
- Wash, split in half and deseed all the apricots
- Mix all the dough ingredients (quark, flour, sugar, eggs, salt) with your hands until doesn't stick to the bowl walls. Add more flour to make it stick less.
- Dust a flat surface with flour so that dumplings don't stick to it.
- Put some extra flour (about half a cup) in a small bowl.
- Dust the whole doug piece with more flour and take a piece. Then with your fingers, make it roughly round, flat and thin. Put the dough in the small bowl to get more floury if it starts to stick to your fingers. You may need to wash you hands after a couple of dumplings anyway.
- Put half an apricot in the middle and wrap it.
- When you have about half of the apricots wrapped, put 2-3l of water to boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium heat.
- Put a few dumpling in the water so they don't touch.
- Gently move them right after you put them in the water so they don't stick to the bottom. Then you can leave them.
- Once they float to the surface, they are done. You can move them to a large bowl and put more in the pot.
- To garnish the dumpling, prepare the hard cooking cheese. You can find one in International shops as Tvarog/Tvaroh, in soft plastic. Go for the red ones (whole fat) - tłuty/plnotučný. You should be able to take it apart by hand into large grains like on the picture. It can also be so hard, that you'll be able to grate it. Unfortunately the soft cheese (quark) has the same name but it usually sold in hard platic containers.
- Melt butter, 25g per portion.
- Cut the dumpling in quaters with a knife or a tablespoon.
- First, garnish with 62g of the hard cooking cheese.
- Then dust with 1 tsp of cocoa powder, 1 tsp of icing sugar, 25g of butter and 86g of whipping cream.
- You can freeze these dumplings and reheat at any time. They last for ages.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
Traditional Austrian apricot dumplings are a well-loved summer dish during apricot season. In Austria, we eat apricot dumplings as a main dish for lunch or as a dessert. VIENNA FOODTRIP - Apricot Dumplings More Viennese recipes: http Meanwhile, wash and dry the apricots, press the stone out with the handle of a wooden spoon, insert a sugar cube. Apricot Dumplings (Marillenknödel) are a famous dessert, probably created in Vienna, Austria, then My aunt had a small apricot tree in her garden. It was fascinating how this little tree produced so. Stick a sugar cube inside the apricot where the pit was and squeeze the apricot back together to close it up tightly. Celebrating Apricot Season - Apricot Dumpling with Potato Dough. Hey, how are you doing with this summer? Do you know that apricots are in season now? For sure you know already but the best time. Your Apricot Dumplings stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors. Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights. Marillenknödel are sweet apricot dumplings from Austria. These delicious dumplings are soft, delicious & quite unique. Now you can make them easily at home! Bring a large pot of slightly-salted water to a boil, reduce the heat, place the apricot dumplings into the water and allow to simmer gently for. Same quantities as for Plum Dumplings. Apricot dumplings: A true Austrian delight! Cut the apricots in half and remove the pit.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food apricot dumplings recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!