Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, thai style lettuce wraps. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Thai Style Lettuce Wraps is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Thai Style Lettuce Wraps is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have thai style lettuce wraps using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Style Lettuce Wraps:
- Take 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Get 1 lb. ground chicken or ground turkey
- Take 1 cup diced mushrooms
- Prepare 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- Make ready 1 clove garlic, minced
- Take 1 small zucchini, sliced into coins, then quartered
- Take 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- Take 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Take 3 tbsp. soy sauce, reduced sodium recommended
- Get 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- Make ready 2 tbsp. water
- Prepare 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Prepare 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Prepare 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Get 1 tsp. sriracha
- Prepare To taste pepper, ground ginger, dried basil
- Make ready For lettuce wraps, good ones to use are :
- Get ·Romaine Lettuce
- Make ready ·Boston Bibb Lettuce
- Take ·Iceberg Lettuce
- Prepare ·Butter Lettuce
Instructions to make Thai Style Lettuce Wraps:
- To make the sauce, first microwave the peanut butter 10-15 seconds to make it runnier (only if needed), then place the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, brown sugar, lime juice, sesame oil and sriracha in a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set this aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is fully cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the onions and mushrooms are softened. Stir in the zucchini and carrots and cook just 2 minutes more.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggie mixture. Season to taste with pepper, ground ginger and dried basil. Remove from heat and serve over the prepared lettuce. I served mine over romaine lettuce and garnished them with some green onions, sesame seeds and some thinly sliced purple cabbage, but just use whatever toppings you'd like.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. This reheats nice and makes a great lunch, appetizer or serve with a grain for a light dinner.
- This is equally as tasty served over some brown rice or quinoa.
You should include a number of superfoods in your diet each day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Then, try to add several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you need to consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any weight problems. You will enjoy good health when you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food thai style lettuce wraps recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!