Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, baked bacon and onion roly poly. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bacon, red onions and mushrooms all rolled into a suet pudding casing and Where the pudding had come into contact with the metal sleeve there was a slightly baked surface which I really liked. Cover the bacon with the sliced onion, and sprinkle the stock cube over the top.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook baked bacon and onion roly poly using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked bacon and onion roly poly:
- Take 8 oz bacon or ham, chopped
- Make ready 1 red or white onion, chopped
- Make ready 1/4 pints gravy
- Make ready 8 oz self raising flour
- Get 1 pinch each, salt & pepper
- Take 4 oz suet, vegetable or beef
- Make ready 1/4 pints cold water
- Make ready 4 oz mushrooms, sliced (optional)
Instructions to make Baked bacon and onion roly poly:
- Fry bacon/ham in a little oil, do not brown, remove from pan
- Add onion to pan, fry gently until transparent, if using mushrooms add at this stage, return bacon to pan.
- Add sufficient gravy to moisten, you don't want it too wet, combine and allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C
- Place flour, suet and salt & pepper in a bowl, add enough water to make a firm dough.
- On a floured surface roll into a rectangle approximately 3/8 -1/4 inch thick
- Spread cooled bacon mixture evenly over pastry leaving a half inch gap all round edge.
- Moisten edges with water, from wide side roll like a swiss roll, ensure edges are sealed, place on a greased baking sheet with the seam at the bottom.
- Cook in centre of oven for 45- 60minutes, until golden brown
- Serve sliced with potatoes and vegetables of choice and lots of gravy
- You can spread a thin coat of your favourite barbecue sauce on the pastry before adding the bacon mixture for added flavour.
- You can use this pastry (without the pepper) to make a jam or syrup roly poly, roll out pastry as above, spread with jam, raspberry for preference, or syrup, roll and bake as above, serve with lashings of custard.
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Also, you have to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can become disease free. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits right now.
Bacon Roly Poly is an old fashioned British pudding brought up to date. Bacon, red onions and mushrooms all rolled into a suet pudding casing and Where the pudding had come into contact with the metal sleeve there was a slightly baked surface which I really liked. Anyway, back to the Bacon and Onion Roly Poly Pudding! Cover the bacon with the sliced onion, and sprinkle the stock cube over the top. Use a little water to wet around the edge of the pastry, and roll up like a Swiss roll. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt, and rub in the butter. (Can be done in a processor, also the next step). Add the beaten eggs, and then just enough milk, tablespoon by tablespoon, to make a fairly firm dough. It's easy to watch in the processor: as soon as a firm ball forms which is not sticky, but soft. Pie and Mash with parsley liquor. English breakfast text taken from and copyright of projcetbritain.com. Eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread, mushrooms, baked beans. A Roly Poly would always elicit appreciative noises from my father, along with remonstrations aimed at my non-suet pudding Really surprised by Mrs Whipple and suelofthouse's memories of bacon and herb roly-polys - good way to make meat go further and possibly a bit like a giant sausage roll? Baked Small Pea Beans in Sauce Containing Water, Sugar, Molasses, Cooked Bacon (Cured with Water, Salt, Sugar, Smoke Flavor, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite), Salt, Corn Starch-Modified, Dried Onion, Spice, Brown Sugar. Roly-Poly of shredded bacon, onion, and sage rolled inside suet pastry and steamed. Smoked turkey, black forest ham, bacon, American and provolone cheese, leaf lettuce, plum tomatoes, onion, dill Smoked turkey, baked ham, reduced fat cheddar cheese, fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions and grilled golden brown with a side of fat free apple. Vælg mellem et stort udvalg af lignende scener. How To Bake Jam Roly Poly A Traditional British Dessert. Mary Berry S Lemon Drizzle Traybake Cake Montvale Bakes. How To Make The Easiest Bacon And Egg Pie. Jamie S Bakewell Tart Jamie Oliver Ad.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!