Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, norali’s famous alfajores. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have norali’s famous alfajores using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Norali’s Famous Alfajores:
- Prepare 200 g room temperature butter
- Make ready 330 g cornstarch/cornflour
- Take 170 g plain white flour
- Take 135 g caster sugar
- Prepare 20 g baking powder
- Make ready 100 g eggs (2 small eggs)
- Prepare Vanilla or lemon essence
- Get Finely grated zest of lemon
- Prepare 500 g dulce de leche
- Take 50 g desiccated coconut
Instructions to make Norali’s Famous Alfajores:
- Cream the butter and sugar very thoroughly in a food processor.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, beating until incorporated, then add the vanilla essence and lemon zest.
- Incorporate the dry sifted ingredients into the butter mix (starch, flour and baking powder).
- Fold the mix together with a spatula being very careful not to overwork the dough. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT EVERY LITTLE PART OF THE WET INGREDIENTS ARE MIXED INTO THE FLOUR (when Norali gave me this method this bit was in capitals so take note, we should do as she says!)
- Without kneading the dough at all, bring the dough into a ball and wrap it in clingfilm. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- Roll out on a floured countertop leaving 1/2 inch thick (if the dough is too hard wait a few minutes for it to come to room temperature).
- We used a cutter about 3 cm in diameter, to cut rounds out of the dough.
- Arrange the slightly separated circles on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200°C for the first 5 minutes and then lower to 160 °/180º. They should be dried while remaining without browning. Watch them carefully, they will take perhaps between 6 and 8 mins depending on your oven. You take them out as soon as the tops are starting to crisp, but while they are still blond. Don’t let them brown at all! Check they are cooked on the base though.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking trays. - When cool, we sandwich them together with dulce de leche. Use a piping bag if you can to pipe the caramel firmly but also gently into the centre of one biscuit, be generous with the filling. Then press another biscuit on top, gently rotating it to help spread the filling evenly.
- Finally roll in the desiccated coconut.
- And there you have it, traditional Alfajores as made by a famous and highly experienced pastry chef. Please have a go yourselves, you’ll need to concentrate but the reward is sooooo worth it!!!
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food norali’s famous alfajores recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!