Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, lettuce boats. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Our Skinny Taco Lettuce Boats are inspired by the delightfully tasty lettuce cups and lettuce wraps we've seen appealing to health conscious diners at trendy restaurants. These healthy and delicious turkey lettuce boats are quick and easy to make and full of so much flavour.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have lettuce boats using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lettuce Boats:
- Make ready 1 pound ground pork
- Make ready 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Take 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Take 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Get 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Make ready 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (OR 1 tsp. powered ginger)
- Make ready 1 dash sriracha hot pepper sauce (go easy with this!)
- Get 1 (6 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- Get leaves Romaine lettuce
- Get Garnish:
- Get minced green onions
- Get dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Instructions to make Lettuce Boats:
- In large skillet over medium high heat, cook the onion and ground pork until pork is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. While cooking, use your spoon to break up the pork into small pieces, pea-size or smaller.
- Add the minced garlic to the meat and cook another minute.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and sriracha sauce (just a small dash!) and stir well. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the diced water chestnuts. Cook another 2 minutes to heat everything through.
- I like to serve by dishing up the meat mixture in individual bowls, sprinkled with minced green onions and chopped dry roasted peanuts; give everyone a teaspoon so they can fill their lettuce leaves one at a time as they eat them. You eat these similar to how you eat a taco; finger food.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
These "boats" make a great snack if you're having friends over for dinner, or if you're simply enjoying your favorite binge-worthy show. These healthy and delicious turkey lettuce boats are quick and easy to make and full of so much flavour. They make a great appetiser for when you're cooking for friends and family or an equally. Our Skinny Taco Lettuce Boats are inspired by the delightfully tasty lettuce cups and lettuce wraps we've seen appealing to health conscious diners at trendy restaurants. Try out a plant-based meal like these Thai lettuce boats on Mondays, and you may find that you are eating more veggies and your grocery bill is cheaper! Mommy & Baby Lunch Date happening right now! We're keeping it simple and healthy by consuming these lettuce boats with chicken and corn- although my baby's dish went from. Cook nitrate-free bacon using your favorite method. I know for many people, that's the Anyways, back to the lettuce boats. Give romaine lettuce leaves a quick rinse, if organic. Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) is an annual plant of the daisy family, Asteraceae. It is most often grown as a leaf vegetable, but sometimes for its stem and seeds. Wash the lettuce and serve the couscous in the lettuce wraps. It looks great that way and it makes it easier for you to serve too. Place a few strips of tofu on top. Layer the shredded carrots, cucumbers, snow peas, vinegar radishes and. Just before eating, sprinkle your Southwest Tuna Salad Lettuce Boats with some chopped, pan-toasted cashews for a little crunch, and some additional lime zest for extra fresh flavor. Water Lettuce, a popular water garden plant has an interesting history. You innocent unassuming looking little plant. Walk into any water garden supplier and ask for an easy to.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food lettuce boats recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!