Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pot of italian goodness (version of sunday gravy). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Rich, hearty tomato sauce The flavor~there's nothing quite like the flavor of Sunday Gravy! An Italian favorite, this flavorful meat sauce is deliciously filling.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have pot of italian goodness (version of sunday gravy) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy):
- Get 2 lb Pork Country Ribs
- Take 2 lb Beef or Pork Neck on the Bone
- Get 3 Links of Italian Sausage (mild, sweet or hot)
- Prepare 12 small to medium Meatballs
- Get 4 can 28 oz Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- Prepare 3 Bay Leaves
- Take 1 tsp Sugar
- Get 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- Take 1 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Get 1 Yellow hot/spicy onion
- Take 8 clove Garlic minced
- Prepare 3 tbsp Olive Oil
Instructions to make Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy):
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stock pot. Brown all the meat ingredients. Do each one at a time. Start with sausage, then meatballs, pork ribs, and lastly the beef necks. After each ingredient is - browned, take it out and set it aside. For the sausage, use 2-3 links cut into small bite-sized pieces. NOTE: The reality of getting exactly 2lbs of one ingredient or another, isn't possible. So, feel free to add a bit more of one thing or another depending on preference.
- As you're browning the beef necks, dice your onion. Once browned, throw the onion in and saut? for 5 mins.
- Mince garlic cloves and throw them in the pot. Saut? for another 5 mins.
- Add in tomato paste. Coat all ingredients. (Sometimes I use the paste with Italian seasoning. Your preference is fine.)
- Add whole tomatoes, juice and all. While you are putting the tomatoes in the pot, crush each one with your hand.
- Add bay leaves. And keep heat on medium low until the mixture hits a low, slow boil. Periodically stirring. By this time, you've probably been cooking 30 mins. Cook another 30 and then turn the heat down to a low simmer.
- After 1 full hour, add the browned pork ribs.
- After another hour add the sausage. Periodically stirring.
- After another hour, salt and pepper the sauce to taste. Then add the meatballs. Cook for one last hour.
- You can always eat this dish alone. But consider eating this Pot of Italian Goodness with garlic bread, a side salad, or a side of pasta.
Your daily diet need to include at least several of these super foods. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole food grains and nuts. Be sure to include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living gives you a great eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can be free of disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.
Italian Sunday Gravy will get your family to the table like nothing else. Rich, hearty tomato sauce The flavor~there's nothing quite like the flavor of Sunday Gravy! Fresh has a more aggressive flavor profile, but the more subtle, dried version compliments the other herbs instead of overpowering them. An Italian favorite, this flavorful meat sauce is deliciously filling. Serve this hearty sauce with your choice of pasta, we like to use rigatoni or penne. Italian Sunday gravy is the traditional, long-cooked pasta sauce from a small village in Campania. It has long braised meats galore like pork braciola, beef. It is the Sunday dinner of many Italian-Americans. I know there are probably a million ways to make this dish–please give my version a try. Remove meatballs and sausage from pot and place on serving dish. You return the oxtail and spareribs to the pot and transfer the whole thing to the oven where it cooks until the meat is nearly Call it Sunday Sugo, or Sauce, or Gravy, it's hard to go wrong with something that's cooked low and slow all day… it. Italian gravy is a hearty tomato sauce cooked with everything from meatballs to pork chops. We're obsessive in our quest to find and foolproof the best of American home cooking, from fuss-free weeknight dinners, to updated, simplified versions of regional specialties, to slow cooker and make. For a satisfying Sunday supper, toss pasta with this hearty Italian gravy with sausage. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until browned. Amazing and absolutely delicious Sunday gravy passed down from my great grandmother. Italian red sauce with lots of meats and fresh herbs. Great recipe for a family meal or to impress guest with your authentic Italian cooking. Remove the pot from the oven, transfer the meat to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep it warm.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food pot of italian goodness (version of sunday gravy) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!