Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, oysters po boy. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook oysters po boy using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Oysters Po Boy:
- Get Oysters
- Make ready 24 oz oysters (canned or shucked)
- Make ready 1 milk
- Prepare Wet Dredge
- Make ready 1 tbsp water
- Get 2 large eggs
- Make ready 1 tbsp milk
- Take dry dredge
- Take 1 cup flour
- Get 1/2 cup cornmeal
- Get 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Get 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Get 1 tbsp paprika
- Prepare 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1 tsp onion powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp thyme
- Make ready 1 tbsp sea salt
- Make ready 1 oil (for deep-frying)
- Get 6 medium sub buns
- Get 1 lettuce
- Make ready tomatoes
- Get remoulade sauce
Instructions to make Oysters Po Boy:
- Drain oysters and cover with milk in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the wet dredge in a medium sized bowl.
- In a resealable bag add all ingredients for the dry dredge. Seal bag and shake well to mix
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 360° F. Drain oysters from milk bath and add several at a time to the wet dredge mixing well to coat. Next transfer to the bag with the dry dredge, seal and shake to coat. Deep fry for 3 minutes and are golden brown. Transfer to paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat step till all oysters have been deep fried.
- To assemble. Cut buns length wise. Add a remoulade sauce to both side of bun. Place a generous amount of fried oysters on bottom half of bun. Add lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately while oysters are still hot. - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348043-remoulade-sauce
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food oysters po boy recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!