Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, baked camembert in puff pastry with broccoli and sage butter. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook baked camembert in puff pastry with broccoli and sage butter using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter:
- Prepare 1 whole camembert
- Get 1 sheet ready rolled all-butter puff pastry
- Get 2 tbsp cranberry sauce or redcurrant jelly
- Make ready 1 beaten egg
- Prepare 1 head broccoli
- Get butter
- Get a few fresh sage leave, rolled and finely shredded
- Get 1 handful pine nuts, dry roasted
Steps to make Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry with Broccoli and Sage Butter:
- Take the camembert out of its wooden box and remove the paper, check to see if there is a sticker you need to remove from the bottom of the cheese too.
- Check that the pastry sheet is large enough to enclose the cheese, and if it is cut it in half equally. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5.
- Spoon some cranberry sauce on to one half of the pastry and then place the cheese on top. Brush the edges with beaten egg.
- Put the other half of pastry over the top of the cheese and use a fork to press the sides together. Then use your fingers to create an edge, pushing the pieces of pastry tightly together so there are no gaps for the sauce or cheese to ooze out.
- Brush beaten egg all over the camembert pie, this gives a lovely golden finish. You can also use milk if you don't want to waste an egg!
- Place the camembert in the oven and bake for about 20–30 minutes until it is puffed up and golden. Allow to stand for 5 to 6 minutes so that the cheese firms up a little.
- Quickly steam the broccoli in a little water, drain. Melt the butter in the pan, saute the sage leaves then toss in the broccoli and the pine nuts.
- Cut the pie in half and quickly move each piece to a warmed plate, add the broccoli and serve with extra cranberry sauce, if you wish.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be healthy for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food baked camembert in puff pastry with broccoli and sage butter recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!