Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, amarnath leaves in moong dal / mulai keerai masiyal. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have amarnath leaves in moong dal / mulai keerai masiyal using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Amarnath leaves in Moong Dal / Mulai Keerai Masiyal:
- Prepare 1 Amarnath leaves / Mulai Keerai bundle
- Make ready 2 cups moong dal cooked
- Get salt
- Prepare water
- Get 2 tbsps ghee
- Get 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Prepare 1 tbsp chana dal
- Take 1 tbsps white urad daal
- Make ready 6 chillies dry red
- Make ready 1 green chillies
- Prepare 2 tbsps cumin
- Make ready curry leaves
Steps to make Amarnath leaves in Moong Dal / Mulai Keerai Masiyal:
- Clean and chop the amarnath leaves ready. Also cook the moong dal and set it aside.
- Take the vessel containing the chopped leaves and keep it on the stove on low heat. Add required amount of salt and sprinkle little water, so that bottom of the vessel does not burn. (TIP: add a pinch of cooking soda, it retains the color of the leaves. Just a pinch and not too much. You can add sugar too but it will alter the taste. This type of spinach is not like palak, hence avoid using sugar.)
- Stir this continuously on low heat, for about 6-7 minutes. You can see that the quantity of the spinach leaves will reduce as it cooks. You can check the image below.
- Meanwhile, when the spinach is cooking, get the tempering ready. Take a kadaai, keep it on medium heat. Add ghee, mustard seeds, chana dal, white urad dal, dry red chillies(break the chillies while adding them), cumin, and curry leaves. Saute this for about 2 minutes.
- Once the tempering is ready, add it to the cooking spinach and stir it. After this add the cooked moong dal to the spinach and mix.
- Allow this to boil for 2 minutes in low heat. Stir this in between. Take off the heat. Serve it hot with plain rice.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food amarnath leaves in moong dal / mulai keerai masiyal recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!