Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, canadian butter tarts 🇨🇦 (canada's favourite dessert!). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!) is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have canadian butter tarts 🇨🇦 (canada's favourite dessert!) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!):
- Take — Pastry Shell —
- Take 256 grams all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Make ready 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Take 190 grams shortening (1 cup)
- Take 1 egg
- Prepare 30 ml cold water (2 tablespoons)
- Get 15 grams white vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Make ready — Filling —
- Get 100 grams brown sugar (1 cup)
- Get 75 grams maple syrup (1/4 cup)
- Prepare 42 grams butter (3 tablespoons)
- Make ready 1 large egg
- Take 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Make ready 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Take 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Take 1/2 cup pecans (you can substitute crushed walnuts if you like)
Steps to make Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!):
- In a large bowl, sift together the flower and salt, and cut in the shortening with two knifes until you have pieces the size of peas
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients together (egg, cold water, and vinegar)
- With the dry ingredients, make a 'well' in the center, and add the wet mixture. Fluff this with a fork until just mixed (Do not overmix!)
- In the bowl, press the combined mixture flat, and fold in half (repeat 3 or 4 times)
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface, until it's about 1/4-inch thick, or a little less. Now cut into circles a few inches across (you can use a cookie cutter, or a glass), and press them lightly to a cupcake tray.
- Now we can start on the Filling!
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and syrup. Once combined, add the egg, vanilla, vinegar, salt and crushed pecans. Pour into the pastry shells
- Cook for 8 minutes at 230 C (450 F), and then reduce the heat to 175 C (350F F) for another 15-18 minutes until the filling is set.
Your daily diet must contain at least some of these super foods. First off, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Also, you should include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food canadian butter tarts 🇨🇦 (canada's favourite dessert!) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!