Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pre-civil war blackberry cobbler. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pre-civil war blackberry cobbler using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler:
- Take fresh blackberries
- Make ready and 1/4 cups sugar
- Take cornstarch
- Prepare blackberry brandy
- Take ground nutmeg
- Take ground cinnamon
- Prepare For pastry: 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup sifted flour, 1/3 cup soft butter
Steps to make Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler:
- Place blackberries in a medium saucepan and crush with a potato masher. Saucepan is on low heat.
- Once thoroughly crushed, add the sugar and rise the heat to medium. Stir constantly until the mixture is boiling.
- Once boiling, continue to stir constantly for 5 minutes at the same heat. Do not turn it down and do not stop stirring.
- After 5 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat immediately.
- Stir in the nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a separate cup or small bowl, mix together the brandy and cornstarch. Ideally, the brandy should be a bit chilled. Mix until it is thick liquid.
- Pour the cornstarch/brandy mixture into the saucepan and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and butter. Work in the butter by hand. The consistency should be crumbly and there should be no pieces of butter left.
- Pour the saucepan ingredients into a 9-inch casserole or baking dish. Pour the bowl mixture on top and spread evenly over the blackberry mixture.
- Place baking dish in the oven (preheated at 350 degrees) uncovered for 20 minutes.
- When done, the side edges of the dish should be starting to form a light, brown crust.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pre-civil war blackberry cobbler recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!