Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, acorn squash. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook acorn squash using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Acorn Squash:
- Make ready 1 Acorn Squash
- Get Dash cinnamon
- Make ready 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Prepare 2 tablespoons butter
- Make ready Dash nutmeg
- Take 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Steps to make Acorn Squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice Acorn squash in half.
- Remove pulp, seeds, and various stringy bits from core.
- Spread ingredients over squash.
- Place squash in oven for an hour (Note: some people like to add water at the bottom of the sheet or casserole dish so the skin doesn't burn)
- Eat and smile.
- Another option is to carve out the squash and mash it after cooking versus eating it in the skin. Both versions are yummy.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food acorn squash recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!